10 Tips for Authentic Well-Being
There's a lot of information out there around keeping healthy and getting fit, especially at this time of year.
At Avernaco, we stand for all-natural well-being and say no to flash in the pan health fads! Take a look at our 10 top tips for authentic well-being, including steadfast rules that have worked for generations:
- Exercise - It's not rocket science but some people don't realise that it's actually better to exercise when you're tired! It might sound like the last thing you'd want to do, but light exercise in the evening actually energises you, makes for a better night's sleep and puts you in a better mood the next day.
- Ditch Diet Soft drinks - You should be thinking about cutting out all fizzy drinks even the diet varieties. If you really want a fizzy drink for a treat, go for full fat, research suggests that people who go full fat actually take in less calories through food, other than that, try and stick to water!
- Feeling Bloated? Drink Water! - Speaking of drinking water, there's a myth that a lot of water can make you feel sluggish but it's actually the opposite. Diets such as those high in fibre make your body work harder which means it needs more water. Bloating can also be caused by dehydration, as your body clings to the water it does have, you can feel a lot more puffy
- No Energy Drinks - This may seem like pretty obvious advice given the fact that most people already know that each can contains around 13 teaspoons of sugar, but the fact that many of the liquids also contain high levels of taurine, a central nervous system stimulant, mean it's not even a good idea to drink energy drinks when you're tired. Your blood sugar levels spike temporarily, only to crash soon after, leaving you even more tired.
- What Goes on Your Body, Goes in Your Body - It's widely known that women put over 500 chemicals on their face and body every day by using beauty products that contain dozens of ingredients, some of them potentially harmful. Make the switch to organic and all-natural products, you will always gain far better results and feel happier and healthier.
- More is Less - 100-calorie snacks (especially carbs) will only make you feel hungrier in a shorter period of time by spiking your blood sugar, leaving you craving more carbs. Instead, choose a protein such as peanut butter or with fruit, it might be higher in calories per serving, but the protein means you stay fuller for longer and end up eating fewer calories overall.
- Eat Less Salt – Again, there's no secret to it, salt isn't good for the human body and eating too much of it can raise your blood pressure which means you're more likely to develop heart disease or have a stroke. Adults should be eating no more than 6g of salt per day, total. So that means all of the food you eat, not just the salt you add to your meal!
- Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day - Never skip breakfast to lose weight! Research shows that people who do eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight. Don't indulge in a full English everyday though! A healthy breakfast is integral to a balanced diet, wholegrain, low-sugar cereal with fruit is always a winner to start your day right.
- Meditate - So most people think they wouldn't have a clue how to meditate but everyone does! You don't need a mountain top or a yoga stance, just ten minutes per day with no phone, no computer, no noise, just closed eyes and time for thought does wonders for your stress levels. Stress is one of the contributing factors to health conditions such as high blood pressure and cardiac issues but it's also been linked to some skin issues such as premature aging, acne, eczema and rosacea.
- There's Always Time for Tea - White and green teas are great for your health when brewed and drunk but anything you put on your skin ends up in your blood stream, so consider tea for alternative uses such as a topically anti-inflammatory solution. Teas are also ideal for using as a skin brightening toners.